Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Mission From God by Vienna Lovett

Why hello there. I know, its been a while, but I decided I need to do some sort of writing activity, back to reading and keep up with my pretty little blog even if I’m still trying to figure out this new layout. I hope I can keep up this stuff a little and maybe my blog will get some attention, it looks wayyyy cooooler now >:) Anyway lets get on with this.

1770697683

Jakob Jones, ordinary teenager, meets his guardian angel who presents him with a mission from God: get the world praying! To accomplish this task, he is given a large, old Bible that enables him to travel back to Ancient Israel and ask any of the Bible characters for help. Jakob experiences hair raising escapades as he meets and talks with some of the great patriarchs of the Bible. Jakob's best friend, Eli, tags along as a bodyguard, and the two of them dive head over heels into some wild and crazy adventures together.

Going to have to admit that at the beginning I was getting a bit bored, it does drag it out quite a bit there is a lot of extra dialogue than needed, but as soon as Jacob starts to use is Bible he gets caught up in dangerous situations, twists are happening all over the place.

The introduction of new characters at the end helped, and even though from what I can see there isn’t too much detail or development in the main characters you can tell that will happen in later books in the series.

It ended with a bang and finally plot got pretty exciting in the second half. Really enjoyed this book even though I’m not religious, the adventure is just the same. To me the power of prayer can be translated to instead just thinking of others and wishing good upon other people and I agree that could change the world. Guess its how you look at it.

I’m going to be giving this book a generous 4 OUT OF 5. I have faith in where this series is going, even if it’s meant for a younger age group then a young adult such as myself.

There is no website for this novel seeing as it was just published and its by a new author, BUT you can visit the authors other site here. She also writes her own music which she is publishing too. Check it out!

Any doodle, I’m reading a horror next I have to switch it up a little,

laterrr.

MRR

No comments:

Post a Comment